Cherry Season blooms in Italy, Poland and Malaysia
Eccho Rights, the Stockholm based distributor, has secured broadcast deals for Cherry Season with Canale Cinque in Italy, TV Puls in Poland and Hub Media in Malaysia.
Cherry Season is already on air in Poland and Malaysia. While in Italy it will be the first Turkish drama to air in the country, with the show premiering on 7th July.
Cherry Season from Surec Film is a story of love, ambition and betrayal set in the glossy world of high fashion. Ökyü is a young, aspiring fashion designer with serious love problems and a meddling friend who may just stop her amibtions. The series was the most popular show in Turkey this season achieving a 32% share with six million viewers.
Nicola Söderlund, managing partner at Eccho Rights, says, “Turkish drama continues to be a big hit across the globe and it is no surprise that these two territories have taken this show.
“Cherry Season is an excellent example of the quality of drama in Turkey as shown by the impressive audience figures for this season.”
Eccho Rights has already sold Cherry Season to ARY Digital Network in Pakistan, VTV in Vietnam and Tring TV in Albania.
- Eccho Rights brings Scandinavian titles to new North American Streaming platform Topic13 November 2019
- The Promise renewed for third season31 October 2019
- Vlad season three commissioned in Romania30 October 2019
- The Promise sells overseas as second season starts in Turkey 3 October 2019
- Eccho Rights to represent brand-new Turkish Drama Sisterhood produced by Sürec Film30 September 2019