TVE renews scripted reality format ”The Clinic” for 100 episodes
Spanish channel TVE has renewed the scripted reality format The Clinic for 100 more episodes. Originally produced by Tuvalu Media and represented by Eccho Rights, the local adaptation in Spain will be produced by Zebra.
“Centro Médico” is the first show to improve ratings for the public channel TVE for the difficult 18:30-19:30 time slot.
Sara Fernandez, managing partner at Zebra, says, ”The quality and strength of the original material made it easy for us to adapt the series for our market. We are not surprised that the Spanish audience has embraced the show, even though it is a new genre for local viewers. We are very excited to continue building on the success."
The Clinic looks like a reality show, however it is fully scripted and depicts true and remarkable hospital stories as experienced by a team of doctors and nurses.
Nicola Söderlund, managing partner at Eccho Rights, says, ”TVE has been battling in recent years to find a show that works in this timeslot. The Clinic has really delivered and is attracting bigger audiences for the channel. It’s a brilliant achievement for Zebra, who have done a fantastic job on the local adaptation.
"Scripted reality is a relatively new genre for Southern Europe and we believe that it will continue to grow in the region and we will see more shows like The Clinic on air. Scripted reality delivers ratings and, at the same time, it’s cost effective."
The Clinic originally aired on VRM in Belgium where it pulled in record audiences for the channel.
- Eccho Rights’ Cennet sells around the world and premieres in Latin America24 March 2020
- Eccho Rights sells Scandinavian titles to Bulgaria17 March 2020
- Eccho Rights takes Russian series Silver Spoon to Spain and Czech Republic 12 March 2020
- Upcoming Turkish Drama Legacy to be represented by Eccho Rights 9 March 2020
- Eccho Rights closes deals for award-winning series Invisible Heroes in multiple territories 3 March 2020