Top Turkish drama the End heading to Russia
Eccho Rights has signed a deal with Russian World Studios (RWS) for a local adaptation of hit Turkish drama, The End.
RWS CEO, Yuri Sapronov, comments on the deal, "We have adapted lots of shows from different countries such as Mexico, Argentina, Chile and South Korea. I am proud to say all of them did great in Russia and Ukraine. Working on the remake of a Turkish TV series "The End" will be a new experience for us. We are very excited and hope for a big success."
This latest sale comes hot on the heels of a previous deal for the scripted format in the USA. Sander/Moses Productions is currently working on a local adaptation for stateside viewers. In addition, the ready-made version has already been sold to 35 territories, including Sweden where public broadcaster SVT aired a subtitled version of the show in a primetime slot.
Nicola Söderlund, Managing Partner at Eccho Rights, says, “Turkish dramas are in a class of their own and are hot property right now on the international format market. In the US The End is being billed as the new Homeland and we are eager to see what RWS come up with for Russian viewers.”
The End comes from Turkish producers Ay Yapim and tells the story of a happy couple living in Istanbul. When the plane the husband is travelling on crashes, the wife is sent into a spiral of grief that suddenly stops when she finds out he never boarded the plane. She then has to find her way through a web of lies and intrigue to ultimately find her husband.
- Eccho Rights brings Scandinavian titles to new North American Streaming platform Topic13 November 2019
- The Promise renewed for third season31 October 2019
- Vlad season three commissioned in Romania30 October 2019
- The Promise sells overseas as second season starts in Turkey 3 October 2019
- Eccho Rights to represent brand-new Turkish Drama Sisterhood produced by Sürec Film30 September 2019