Eccho Rights expands into Turkey
As Turkish drama continues to take the world by storm, Eccho Rights opens up a new hub in Istanbul. Handan Özkubat leads the local operation bringing years of experience in the Turkish television market to the company. Her previous roles include sales and acquisitions manager and casting director.
“Eccho Rights saw the potential in Turkish drama early on and we worked hard to position the company as a worldwide distributor of the genre. The next logical step is to have a permanent presence in Istanbul in order to deepen our relationship with producers and broadcasters within the country,” says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director at Eccho Rights.
In recent years Eccho Rights has become a key player in the global distribution market, with Turkish drama series playing an important role in the development of the business. Key titles include Karadayi, Ezel and The End from Ay Yapim and Dangerous Beauty from Medyapim. Eccho Rights also distributes entertainment formats.
Handan Özkubat, says, “In a short space of time we have seen Turkish drama develop into a worldwide phenomena from the preserve of the East. Eccho Rights has been central to this transformation and I am looking forward to working with the team on developing Turkish drama rights further on the international market.”
Eccho Rights is based in Stockholm, Sweden and has an Asia Pacific office in Hong Kong.
- Eccho Rights brings Scandinavian titles to new North American Streaming platform Topic13 November 2019
- The Promise renewed for third season31 October 2019
- Vlad season three commissioned in Romania30 October 2019
- The Promise sells overseas as second season starts in Turkey 3 October 2019
- Eccho Rights to represent brand-new Turkish Drama Sisterhood produced by Sürec Film30 September 2019