Eccho Rights partners with Kurt Seyit & Sura
Eccho Rights will be the worldwide exclusive distribution partner for the most ambitious and lavish Turkish TV drama ever produced: Ay Yapim's forthcoming Kurt Seyit & Sura.
The epic production, currently filming in locations from St Petersburg to Istanbul, signals a new level of ambition and brilliance from the Turkish drama powerhouse.
Starring Kivanc Tatlitug and Farah Zeynep Abdullah in the title roles, the series is a sumptuous love story adapted from a bestselling novel and tells the story of the dashing, womanizing Lieutenant Kurt Seyit - the first son of a rich Crimean landowner - who falls in love with Sura, the beautiful daughter of a noble Russian family.
Separated by the call to war in Crimea, Kurt is injured and returns to St Petersburg, where revolution has erupted. Since he is a soldier in the Tzarist army, neither he nor his love Sura are safe in Bolshevik Russia. Against the wishes of their families, the lovers flee together, making a dangerous journey across frozen wastelands to seek sanctuary in Istanbul during the last days of the Ottoman Empire where they must fight for their love against the forces of family, society and history itself.
- We are excited to launch this very impressive production with an ambition and budget that is far beyond anything previously done in Turkey. The first series has 13 episodes, making it suitable also for audiences in the West, says Fredrik af Malmborg, managing director of Eccho Rights.
The first episode of Kurt Seyit and Sura premieres on Star TV in Turkey on the 4th of March followed by a dubbed version on MBC in the Middle East a few days later. This is the first time a TV project will be aired simultaneously over the two geographical areas covering almost 500 million people.
- Eccho Rights in exclusive pact with SIC 11 September 2019
- Eccho Rights recruits new Sales & Acquisitions Executive for Scandinavia28 June 2019
- Silver Spoon picked up for remake in Korea24 June 2019
- Cennet claims new territories5 June 2019
- Eccho Rights reveal pre-sales for Wounded Birds26 April 2019