Eccho Rights takes Turkish drama Ezel to Africa and India. - See
Eccho Rights continues to pioneer Turkish drama as it secures deals in Africa and India that will see the genre hitting screens in the territories for the first time.
Ezel, the hit drama that will soon be airing in its 80th country, is expanding its footprint as Viasat have bought the rights to broadcast the show on its networks in Ghana and Tanzania. In addition, Wizcraft have acquired the rights for Ezel in India and plan a local version.
Fredrik af Malmborg, managing director at Eccho Rights, says about the deal. “Turkish drama goes from strength to strength and continues to dominate global sales. Following our success in being the first distributor to sell a Turkish drama product into the US, we continue to see new territories being added all the time with impressive results.
“As well as being the first Turkish drama sold to Africa it is also our first deal with the continent. We hope this is the start of an on-going relationship with the growing market there.”
This high-end drama has been aired in over 80 territories to phenomenal ratings, including several local adaptations, most recently in Ukraine.
Ezel tells the story of a young man returning from military service who is set up by his friends and fiancée and ends up in prison for life. He fakes his own death to escape and tracks down his former friends to seek revenge.
- Eccho Rights takes new Turkish drama to Spain and Albania11 December 2019
- Eccho Rights takes award-winning drama Everywhere I go to Spain5 December 2019
- Eccho Rights to represent Swedish drama LOVE ME worldwide4 December 2019
- Eccho Rights brings Scandinavian titles to new North American Streaming platform Topic13 November 2019
- The Promise renewed for third season31 October 2019