Eccho Rights signs up Turkish break out hit series of the season
Cherry Season burst onto Turkish screens in July and has proceeded to break all records this season. Eccho Rights will distribute the show outside of Turkey.
Airing on Fox TV and produced by Istanbul based Surec film, the series has rated as the number one show since premiering, with some episodes scoring an incredible 32% share, close to six million viewers.
Fredrik af Malmborg, managing director of Stockholm based distributor Eccho Rights, says, “Cherry Season is different to other Turkish series and scores well with a very broad audience, despite the young story and cast. This is yet another example of the strong product coming out of Turkey and a perfect acquisition for any broadcaster who wants to reach out to a younger target group whilst still gaining top ratings with the older demographic.”
Cherry Season becomes the fourth new Turkish series for Eccho Right’s fall line up after the distributor signed up Can't Run from Love, Kacak and day time series Elif last month.
Cherry Season tells the story of Oyku, an ambitious university student who dreams of being a top fashion designer. Since she was a little girl she has been in love with Mete, her best friend’s brother, but he has a girlfriend already. Mete’s best friend Ayaz is the son of a top fashion designer who could help Oyku realise her dreams. He is also a real flirt, who starts dating Oyku. But are they really going to fall in love or will Mete realise that the girl of his dreams has been there all along?
- Eccho Rights brings Scandinavian titles to new North American Streaming platform Topic13 November 2019
- The Promise renewed for third season31 October 2019
- Vlad season three commissioned in Romania30 October 2019
- The Promise sells overseas as second season starts in Turkey 3 October 2019
- Eccho Rights to represent brand-new Turkish Drama Sisterhood produced by Sürec Film30 September 2019