Elif pushes up average share
Daily Turkish drama Elif scores international success with top ratings and increasing audience share in both Indonesia and Bosnia.
SCTV in Indonesia started airing the series in spring this year and ratings have been phenomenal for the channel. The slot normally attracts a share of just over 10 %, but Elif consistently scores over 20%.
Meanwhile in Bosnia Elif hit screens on OBN in March with an average share of 16.9%. Figures from May show the share has grown, peaking at 21.74% in the commercial target group, which is over double the channel’s normal average share of 8.23%.
Elif premiered on Kanal 7 in Turkey in mid 2014 and has increased the broadcaster’s share by an impressive 250%. Kanal 7 recently confirmed its commitment to the show by ordering a second season of Elif that will start in September 2015. This takes the number of commissioned episodes to 380 x 45 minutes.
Eccho Rights has also secured deals on the show with Prava in Serbia, Kanal 5 in Macedonia and Neflix in the US and UK.
Istanbul based Green Yapim produces Elif. The show follows the story of Elif, a young girl whose mother sends her away to live on a farm to protect her from her unpredictable stepfather. The farm belongs to Kenan Emiroglu and his wealthy family. Nobody realises that their new houseguest is actually Kenan’s daughter. Elif’s arrival sends the already unstable household into uproar, but will Elif finally bring happiness to the farm?
- Eccho Rights brings Scandinavian titles to new North American Streaming platform Topic13 November 2019
- The Promise renewed for third season31 October 2019
- Vlad season three commissioned in Romania30 October 2019
- The Promise sells overseas as second season starts in Turkey 3 October 2019
- Eccho Rights to represent brand-new Turkish Drama Sisterhood produced by Sürec Film30 September 2019