Cherry Season blooms in Italy, Poland and Malaysia
Eccho Rights, the Stockholm based distributor, has secured broadcast deals for Cherry Season with Canale Cinque in Italy, TV Puls in Poland and Hub Media in Malaysia.
Cherry Season is already on air in Poland and Malaysia. While in Italy it will be the first Turkish drama to air in the country, with the show premiering on 7th July.
Cherry Season from Surec Film is a story of love, ambition and betrayal set in the glossy world of high fashion. Ökyü is a young, aspiring fashion designer with serious love problems and a meddling friend who may just stop her amibtions. The series was the most popular show in Turkey this season achieving a 32% share with six million viewers.
Nicola Söderlund, managing partner at Eccho Rights, says, “Turkish drama continues to be a big hit across the globe and it is no surprise that these two territories have taken this show.
“Cherry Season is an excellent example of the quality of drama in Turkey as shown by the impressive audience figures for this season.”
Eccho Rights has already sold Cherry Season to ARY Digital Network in Pakistan, VTV in Vietnam and Tring TV in Albania.
- Trotsky coming to Cannes - and Eccho Rights11 October 2017
- Phi to be Korean TV's first Turkish Drama27 September 2017
- Eccho Rights bringing Cennet to Mipcom26 September 2017
- Eccho Rights to distribute new Viaplay thriller Conspiracy of Silence19 September 2017
- Servant Of The People coming to Korea as ready-made, scripts sold for remake in France18 September 2017