Eccho Rights expands into Turkey
As Turkish drama continues to take the world by storm, Eccho Rights opens up a new hub in Istanbul. Handan Özkubat leads the local operation bringing years of experience in the Turkish television market to the company. Her previous roles include sales and acquisitions manager and casting director.
“Eccho Rights saw the potential in Turkish drama early on and we worked hard to position the company as a worldwide distributor of the genre. The next logical step is to have a permanent presence in Istanbul in order to deepen our relationship with producers and broadcasters within the country,” says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director at Eccho Rights.
In recent years Eccho Rights has become a key player in the global distribution market, with Turkish drama series playing an important role in the development of the business. Key titles include Karadayi, Ezel and The End from Ay Yapim and Dangerous Beauty from Medyapim. Eccho Rights also distributes entertainment formats.
Handan Özkubat, says, “In a short space of time we have seen Turkish drama develop into a worldwide phenomena from the preserve of the East. Eccho Rights has been central to this transformation and I am looking forward to working with the team on developing Turkish drama rights further on the international market.”
Eccho Rights is based in Stockholm, Sweden and has an Asia Pacific office in Hong Kong.
- CJ ENM ACQUIRES LEADING INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTOR ECCHO RIGHTS18 December 2018
- Eccho Rights makes first Honour sale11 December 2018
- Eccho Rights makes three major Turkish Drama deals in Spain3 December 2018
- Eccho Rights seals further international sales for Stiletto Vendetta9 November 2018
- Eccho Rights makes New Bride sales across Latin America25 October 2018