SVT takes 20 minutes
Swedish broadcaster SVT has licenced a second Turkish drama series from Eccho Rights. The new drama called 20 Minutes will hit Swedish screens in January. It will run daily for 12 weeks in a primetime slot.
Fredrik af Malmborg, says about the deal, “Earlier on this year SVT took the brave step to be the first Western broadcaster to air a Turkish drama when it screened The End. The launch worked very well, with good ratings and a strong reception in the press, so the acquisition of 20 Minutes is the natural next step.
“20 Minutes is another example of just how good Turkish drama can be. Strong characters, compelling storylines, and great acting make this show a sure fire success.”
20 Minutes tells the story of Melek who leads a happy life with her husband, Ali, and two children. One day, their perfect life turns upside down when the police arrest Melek for murder. Ali must try and hold his family together while investigating the life of his own wife to prove her innocence. But what will he find? And will their love survive the revelations?
20 minutes is produced by Ay Yapim and distributed by Eccho Rights in selected territories.
- Eccho Rights completes new deals for Stiletto Vendetta18 April 2018
- Atresmedia picks up Ezel as its latest Turkish acquisition16 April 2018
- Brave and Beautiful breaks new ground in the Far East28 March 2018
- Centro Medico renewed for over 1000 episodes23 March 2018
- Eccho Rights announces Prisoner of Love sales6 March 2018