Eccho Rights partners with Kurt Seyit & Sura
Eccho Rights will be the worldwide exclusive distribution partner for the most ambitious and lavish Turkish TV drama ever produced: Ay Yapim's forthcoming Kurt Seyit & Sura.
The epic production, currently filming in locations from St Petersburg to Istanbul, signals a new level of ambition and brilliance from the Turkish drama powerhouse.
Starring Kivanc Tatlitug and Farah Zeynep Abdullah in the title roles, the series is a sumptuous love story adapted from a bestselling novel and tells the story of the dashing, womanizing Lieutenant Kurt Seyit - the first son of a rich Crimean landowner - who falls in love with Sura, the beautiful daughter of a noble Russian family.
Separated by the call to war in Crimea, Kurt is injured and returns to St Petersburg, where revolution has erupted. Since he is a soldier in the Tzarist army, neither he nor his love Sura are safe in Bolshevik Russia. Against the wishes of their families, the lovers flee together, making a dangerous journey across frozen wastelands to seek sanctuary in Istanbul during the last days of the Ottoman Empire where they must fight for their love against the forces of family, society and history itself.
- We are excited to launch this very impressive production with an ambition and budget that is far beyond anything previously done in Turkey. The first series has 13 episodes, making it suitable also for audiences in the West, says Fredrik af Malmborg, managing director of Eccho Rights.
The first episode of Kurt Seyit and Sura premieres on Star TV in Turkey on the 4th of March followed by a dubbed version on MBC in the Middle East a few days later. This is the first time a TV project will be aired simultaneously over the two geographical areas covering almost 500 million people.
- El Accidente sells across LATAM18 June 2018
- Stiletto Vendetta to return in September8 June 2018
- Stiletto Vendetta finds new broadcasters across Europe25 May 2018
- Eccho Rights completes new deals for Stiletto Vendetta18 April 2018
- Atresmedia picks up Ezel as its latest Turkish acquisition16 April 2018