Comedy Combat breaks through
Eccho Rights has sold the Finnish entertainment format Comedy Combat to three new territories. Coyote has acquired the format in France, Imagic in the Middle East and Shine in Denmark.
Created by Yellow Film, the show has built a loyal audience over five seasons in Finland and constantly scores over 60% share in super prime time.
Milla Bruneau from Yellow Film comments, "We are very pleased with the outcome of this year's MIPTV with three deals already negotiated for Comedy Combat. We have just started the co-operation with Eccho Rights for our successful format and I see nothing but great success ahead of us in the future. This format is amazingly successful in Finland and I can't wait to see how it performs in other countries."
Nicola Soderlund, managing partner at Eccho Rights, says, "With its knock out ratings Comedy Combat has every right to be called the most popular comedy show in the world! Yellow Film has come up with a sensational format that has grown into a phenomenon in Finland and has the potential to do the same elsewhere."
Comedy Combat is an elimination contest for comedians. They compete against each other to win gag, sketch and improvisation challenges, but the main goal for each comedian is to develop his or her own comedy character over the course of a series. These returning characters have become so popular that they have created numerous spin off-shows and licensing opportunities.
- CJ ENM ACQUIRES LEADING INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTOR ECCHO RIGHTS18 December 2018
- Eccho Rights makes first Honour sale11 December 2018
- Eccho Rights makes three major Turkish Drama deals in Spain3 December 2018
- Eccho Rights seals further international sales for Stiletto Vendetta9 November 2018
- Eccho Rights makes New Bride sales across Latin America25 October 2018