Turkish drama success for Eccho Rights
Eccho Rights, the Stockholm based distributor, secures three deals on the Turkish drama mini series Mahmut and Meryem.
The 16th century tale has been acquired by MBC in the Middle East, Hum TV in Pakistan and Alfa TV in Macedonia. Originally a movie, Mahmut & Meryem has been re-edited into a 4 episode mini series for TV.
Fredrik af Malmborg, managing director at Eccho Rights, comments, "Turkish dramas continue to be hot property on the international market right now. Their epic story telling, first class acting and high production values resonate with broadcasters the world over and Mahmut and Meryem is a prime example of the quality of work coming out of Istanbul at the moment"
Mahmut and Merym comes from Duka Film in Istanbul and recounts the tale of Mahmut, son of a Muslim emperor and his love, Meryem, the daughter of a Christian monk. They reject the paths of their fathers and must make their way through a land in turmoil to find their own destiny.
- Eccho Rights recruits new Sales & Acquisitions Executive for Scandinavia28 June 2019
- Silver Spoon picked up for remake in Korea24 June 2019
- Cennet claims new territories5 June 2019
- Eccho Rights reveal pre-sales for Wounded Birds26 April 2019
- SVT picks up Brave and Beautiful as latest Turkish Drama acquisition25 April 2019