Turkish drama success for Eccho Rights
Eccho Rights, the Stockholm based distributor, secures three deals on the Turkish drama mini series Mahmut and Meryem.
The 16th century tale has been acquired by MBC in the Middle East, Hum TV in Pakistan and Alfa TV in Macedonia. Originally a movie, Mahmut & Meryem has been re-edited into a 4 episode mini series for TV.
Fredrik af Malmborg, managing director at Eccho Rights, comments, "Turkish dramas continue to be hot property on the international market right now. Their epic story telling, first class acting and high production values resonate with broadcasters the world over and Mahmut and Meryem is a prime example of the quality of work coming out of Istanbul at the moment"
Mahmut and Merym comes from Duka Film in Istanbul and recounts the tale of Mahmut, son of a Muslim emperor and his love, Meryem, the daughter of a Christian monk. They reject the paths of their fathers and must make their way through a land in turmoil to find their own destiny.
- El Accidente sells across LATAM18 June 2018
- Stiletto Vendetta to return in September8 June 2018
- Stiletto Vendetta finds new broadcasters across Europe25 May 2018
- Eccho Rights completes new deals for Stiletto Vendetta18 April 2018
- Atresmedia picks up Ezel as its latest Turkish acquisition16 April 2018