Turkish drama success for Eccho Rights
Eccho Rights, the Stockholm based distributor, secures three deals on the Turkish drama mini series Mahmut and Meryem.
The 16th century tale has been acquired by MBC in the Middle East, Hum TV in Pakistan and Alfa TV in Macedonia. Originally a movie, Mahmut & Meryem has been re-edited into a 4 episode mini series for TV.
Fredrik af Malmborg, managing director at Eccho Rights, comments, "Turkish dramas continue to be hot property on the international market right now. Their epic story telling, first class acting and high production values resonate with broadcasters the world over and Mahmut and Meryem is a prime example of the quality of work coming out of Istanbul at the moment"
Mahmut and Merym comes from Duka Film in Istanbul and recounts the tale of Mahmut, son of a Muslim emperor and his love, Meryem, the daughter of a Christian monk. They reject the paths of their fathers and must make their way through a land in turmoil to find their own destiny.
- Eccho Rights to distribute new Viaplay thriller Conspiracy of Silence19 September 2017
- Servant Of The People coming to Korea as ready-made, scripts sold for remake in France18 September 2017
- New Bride returns to number one18 September 2017
- Eccho Rights adds Kill Me Heal Me to Korean scripted catalogue31 August 2017
- Eccho Rights brings award-nominated Turkish Drama to Malaysia17 August 2017