Eccho Rights continues to find success in Asia
Vision 2 has licenced the Turkish drama, Karadayi from distributor Eccho Rights. The Indonesian broadcaster will air the first two series of the show, a total of 199 episodes, starting in September.
The deal signifies the deepening impact of the distributor in Asia. Gary Pudney, head of the Asia Pacific office at Eccho Rights, comments, "Karadayi continues to be popular with territories around the world simply because it's a great quality drama. We are seeing increasing momentum in sales across Asia at the moment, which is illustrated by this second drama deal with Televiva."
Karadayi continues to rate as the number one show in Turkey across all genres. Season two is currently on air and season three is in the works. Eccho Rights has now sold the show to over 40 countries worldwide.
Created by Ay Yapim, the show tells the story of Mahir, who takes his place as head of his family when his father is found guilty of a murder he did not commit. Mahir sets out to discover the real killer, drawing his respectable family into a war with the criminals behind the crime. The quest for justice is complicated by a love story involving the judge who holds his father's fate in her hands.
- Eccho Rights recruits new Sales & Acquisitions Executive for Scandinavia28 June 2019
- Silver Spoon picked up for remake in Korea24 June 2019
- Cennet claims new territories5 June 2019
- Eccho Rights reveal pre-sales for Wounded Birds26 April 2019
- SVT picks up Brave and Beautiful as latest Turkish Drama acquisition25 April 2019