Eccho Rights takes Turkish drama Ezel to Africa and India. - See
Eccho Rights continues to pioneer Turkish drama as it secures deals in Africa and India that will see the genre hitting screens in the territories for the first time.
Ezel, the hit drama that will soon be airing in its 80th country, is expanding its footprint as Viasat have bought the rights to broadcast the show on its networks in Ghana and Tanzania. In addition, Wizcraft have acquired the rights for Ezel in India and plan a local version.
Fredrik af Malmborg, managing director at Eccho Rights, says about the deal. “Turkish drama goes from strength to strength and continues to dominate global sales. Following our success in being the first distributor to sell a Turkish drama product into the US, we continue to see new territories being added all the time with impressive results.
“As well as being the first Turkish drama sold to Africa it is also our first deal with the continent. We hope this is the start of an on-going relationship with the growing market there.”
This high-end drama has been aired in over 80 territories to phenomenal ratings, including several local adaptations, most recently in Ukraine.
Ezel tells the story of a young man returning from military service who is set up by his friends and fiancée and ends up in prison for life. He fakes his own death to escape and tracks down his former friends to seek revenge.
- Eccho Rights to distribute new Viaplay thriller Conspiracy of Silence19 September 2017
- Servant Of The People coming to Korea as ready-made, scripts sold for remake in France18 September 2017
- New Bride returns to number one18 September 2017
- Eccho Rights adds Kill Me Heal Me to Korean scripted catalogue31 August 2017
- Eccho Rights brings award-nominated Turkish Drama to Malaysia17 August 2017