Elif winning over Indonesian audiences
Turkish drama Elif hit Indonesian screens at the end of March and in the past month has grown to be the number one show in the slot with a massive 19.7% share.
The show launched on SCTV to a healthy audience share of 11.7% that has quickly risen 8% during the first month of transmission.
Gary Pudney, head of Asia Pacific at Eccho Rights, says, “Elif seems to be resonating well with local audiences in Indonesia and we are delighted to see the audiences growing.”
Eccho Rights has also secured two new deals on Elif. PINK in Serbia and PINK M in Montenegro become the latest channels to acquire the popular show.
Elif tells the story of a little girl who is sent away to live on a farm by her mother. The man who owns the farm is Elif’s father but neither he nor the little girl knows this. As time goes by, tensions rise and Elif finds herself in the middle of a family power struggle.
Elif is produced by Green Yapim and airs on Kanal 7 in its native Turkey. The show has broken all records for the channel and tripled the normal daytime share. Earlier this year Eccho Rights sold the show to OBN in Bosnia and Kanal 5 in Macedonia.
- Eccho Rights to distribute new Viaplay thriller Conspiracy of Silence19 September 2017
- Servant Of The People coming to Korea as ready-made, scripts sold for remake in France18 September 2017
- New Bride returns to number one18 September 2017
- Eccho Rights adds Kill Me Heal Me to Korean scripted catalogue31 August 2017
- Eccho Rights brings award-nominated Turkish Drama to Malaysia17 August 2017