Elif pushes up average share
Daily Turkish drama Elif scores international success with top ratings and increasing audience share in both Indonesia and Bosnia.
SCTV in Indonesia started airing the series in spring this year and ratings have been phenomenal for the channel. The slot normally attracts a share of just over 10 %, but Elif consistently scores over 20%.
Meanwhile in Bosnia Elif hit screens on OBN in March with an average share of 16.9%. Figures from May show the share has grown, peaking at 21.74% in the commercial target group, which is over double the channel’s normal average share of 8.23%.
Elif premiered on Kanal 7 in Turkey in mid 2014 and has increased the broadcaster’s share by an impressive 250%. Kanal 7 recently confirmed its commitment to the show by ordering a second season of Elif that will start in September 2015. This takes the number of commissioned episodes to 380 x 45 minutes.
Eccho Rights has also secured deals on the show with Prava in Serbia, Kanal 5 in Macedonia and Neflix in the US and UK.
Istanbul based Green Yapim produces Elif. The show follows the story of Elif, a young girl whose mother sends her away to live on a farm to protect her from her unpredictable stepfather. The farm belongs to Kenan Emiroglu and his wealthy family. Nobody realises that their new houseguest is actually Kenan’s daughter. Elif’s arrival sends the already unstable household into uproar, but will Elif finally bring happiness to the farm?
- Eccho Rights presents MIPTV line up19 March 2019
- Eccho Rights picks up new ratings success The Promise for international distribution27 February 2019
- Eccho Rights presents Wounded Birds at NATPE22 January 2019
- Eccho Rights to distribute Finland-Chile co-production Invisible Heroes15 January 2019
- CJ ENM acquires leading international distributor Eccho Rights18 December 2018