Japanese Format "Beat the Champions" premieres on FOX USA as a
The US network Fox will premiere a local version of the format Beat the Champions on June 30th. Beat the Champions is an original format from TV Asahi in Japan distributed by Eccho Rights.
Fox select amateurs who test themselves against current and former top athletes, such as six-time Basket NBA champ Scottie Pippen, New England Patriots player Rob Gronkowski and four-time swimming Olympic Gold Medalist Missy Franklin on this summer special which will be hosted by “Saturday Night Live” alum Finesse Mitchell.
The champions will be faced with increasingly absurd and hilarious handicaps, while the amateurs will be given increasing levels of assistance – whether in the water, on the line of scrimmage or on the hardwood. But there’s a catch, of course. The greater the assist needed by the contestant, the less prize money awarded. Over the course of three rounds, competitors will have a chance to win more than $100,000.
“Beat the Champions” has been a prime time hit for over a decade in Japan and is growing to an international success. The US version is produced by A. Smith & Co. Productions. Arthur Smith, Kent Weed, Frank Sinton and Jonathan Singer serve as executive producers.
The format Beat the Champions has also been acquired for local versions around the world including Germany (Tresor), Sweden (Elk), The Netherlands (Tuvalu), France (Shine) and the Middle East (Imagic).
- Eccho Rights presents MIPTV line up19 March 2019
- Eccho Rights picks up new ratings success The Promise for international distribution27 February 2019
- Eccho Rights presents Wounded Birds at NATPE22 January 2019
- Eccho Rights to distribute Finland-Chile co-production Invisible Heroes15 January 2019
- CJ ENM acquires leading international distributor Eccho Rights18 December 2018